Sneak Preview…

Okay, that was a tease. What I mean is that the sneak preview is coming very soon! While I can’t share it with you yet, we have indeed selected a design concept out of the three that Fastspot developed for us. We are now forging ahead with that idea, really scrutinizing every element of that design. We working to figure out the flow of content, the graphic and stylistic elements, various templates and layouts. Fastspot is coming to campus this week to work with the Website Redesign Advisory Group. We will be examining the second (of three) iterations of the design, asking lots of hard questions so that we make sure we are covering all the bases.

Although I can’t share the preview with you (it’s not quite ready for prime time) I can tell you that we are super excited about the new concepts. It is bold, beautiful, smart, responsive, non-traditional, user-focused and clean. In other words, it illustrates all of the concepts we set forth in the Creative Brief. In the coming weeks we will be fine-tuning the design, and then the hard work of programming begins, followed by a massive content audit and migration.

What does this mean if you are the manager of your website? We will be reaching out to you over the next few months with suggestions or ideas about the content on your pages. If you want to start reviewing your site now, please think about ways to combine and condense your content. That way, when we contact you, you’ll be ahead of the game.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about best approaches to reviewing your content, or any other questions. You can post to this blog, or email me direclty at roberta.diehl@bucknell.edu