We are thrilled to have selected a partner for our website redesign. How did we find this partner?
- We researched 16th Annual Webby Awards winners
- We researched the 2012 AWWWARDS winners
- We researched the 2012 eduStyle Award winners
- We contacted colleagues at other higher education institutions for recommendations
- We did assorted and multiple creative Google searches
- We narrowed our list to 21 firms
- We called each firm and interviewed them for an hour, asking everything from what’s the work culture in your business like, to what do you think will be the most important elements of higher education website in five years
- We narrowed the list further and sent our Request for Proposal to 13 firms
- Of the 10 that completed the RFP we narrowed it down to three to bring to campus
- Our Web Redesign Advisory Team attended a two hour presentation by each firm.
- The results were almost unanimous — 11 of 12 people ranked the winning firm as their first choice
The partner we have selected is Fastspot, an award-winning, Baltimore based, interactive design firm (http://www.fastspot.com/). If the name sounds familiar to some of you that’s because this is same firm that redesigned our site 5 years ago. To be honest, we didn’t expect this firm to rise to the top again — we weren’t sure they could bring fresh eyes and new energy to the project. But from the RFP response to the on campus presentation, the Fastspot staff wowed us with their design skills, their higher education institutional knowledge and awareness, their inspirational ideas, their proven methodology for getting the work done on time and on budget, and last but not least, their enthusiasm and passion for the project. We are sure that if you take a look at their portfolio (http://www.fastspot.com/work/portfolio/), you’ll get a good sense of the great things this firm is capable of.
Up next? How Will This Project Impact My Website: FAQs